OBLIGATION TO REGISTER FOR VERBIS (DATA CONTROLLER REGISTER SYSTEM) ACCORDING TO THE LAW ON THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND RELATED REGULATION
As per the regulation issued pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data, VERBIS (Data Controller Register System) has been opened for use as of 1 October 2018. According to the regulation, the prescribed dates for the data controllers to sign up to Data Controller Register System are as follows;
- The dates of registry obligation for real or legal person data controllers who have more than 50 employees annually and annual financial balance sheet of more than 25 million TL, is determined between 01.10.2018 and 30.09.2019. As for real or legal person data controllers, the abovementioned dates are also valid.
- The date of registry obligation for real and legal person data controllers who have less than 50 employees and annual financial balance sheet of less than 25 million TL but have a main area of activity in special quality data processing is determined between 01.01.2019 and 31.03.2020.
- As for public institutions and organizations, registry starting date is 01.04.2019 and the last date for the registry is 30.06.2020.
Those who are exempt from the obligation to register to the system are determined according to the decisions no. 2018/68, 2018/75 and 2018/87 of the Institution. Those who are held exempted can be listed as follows;
- Customs consultants acting as per the Customs Law No. 4458 and authorized customs consultants,
- Real and legal persons who have less than 50 employees, annual financial balance sheet of less than 25 million TL, and do not conduct activity in special quality data processing.