ÖZGÜN LAW FIRM
PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Özgün Law Firm shows necessary sensitivity to the security of your personal data. We place great importance to process and keep all kinds of personal data belonging to our clients and potential clients in compliance with Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698.
We do process your personal data as explained below and within the framework of legal regulations. We would like to inform you of the way we collect your personal data, purpose of processing, legal reasons and your rights in the most transparent manner.
1. Collecting and Processing Personal Data and Purpose of Processing
Your personal data may be collected verbally, in writing or electronically through automatic or non-automatic methods.
The collected personal data is processed within the scope of conditions and purposes of processing personal data stated in articles 5 and 6 of Personal Data Protection Law in order for you to benefit from our services and for our work units to take necessary actions to protect your rights and interests.
2. To Whom and For What Purposes Processed Personal Data may be Transferred
The collected personal data may be transferred to our business partners, legally authorized governmental institutions and private people, in case the subject of service that you receive from our law firm is foreign-based, to our foreign business partners within the scope of conditions and purposes of processing personal data stated in articles 8 and 9 of Personal Data Protection Law in order to provide you with various rights and interests, to protect and exercise your rights.
3. Methods for Collecting Personal Data and Legal Reason
Your personal data is collected verbally, in writing or electronically in accordance with the abovementioned purposes in order for our Law Firm to provide services within the legal framework and to fulfil its responsibilities in full and properly arising out of an agreement and the law. Your personal data collected for this legal purpose, may also be processed and transferred for the purposes stated in this text within the scope of conditions and purposes of processing personal data stated in articles 5 and 6 of Personal Data Protection Law.
4. Rights of Data Owner Set Forth in Article 11 of Personal Data Protection Law
In case you, as a data owner, inform our Law Firm of your requests regarding your rights through the methods regulated in this Information Text below, our Law Firm shall respond at the soonest time and in thirty days at the latest in any event without any charge.
You have a right to;
- Learn whether or not your personal data have been processed;
- Request information as to processing if your data have been processed;
- Learn the purpose of processing of the personal data and whether data are used in accordance with their purpose;
- Know the third parties in the country or abroad to whom personal data have been transferred;
- Request rectification in case personal data are processed incompletely or inaccurately and request notification of the rectification to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred;
- Request deletion or destruction of personal data within the framework of the conditions set forth under article 7, excluding legal boundaries;
- Object to occurrence of any result that is to your detriment by means of analysis of personal data exclusively through automated systems;
- Request compensation for the damages in case the person incurs damages due to unlawful processing of personal data.
You may use your abovementioned rights by sending a petition with original signature by hand or by a registered letter with return receipt together with the copy of identity card (only copy of front face for national ID cards) to Sülün Sk. No.8 34330 1.Levent Beşiktaş/Istanbul address. In case a person instead of a data owner makes a request, data owner has to get a special power of attorney concerning the matter issued on behalf of the person who shall apply. In case aforesaid requests require further costs, the fee stated in the tariff determined by the Committee shall be received from the applicant. Our Law Firm may request further information in order to determine whether or not the applicant is a data owner, and address a question to the data owner regarding his/her application in order to clarify the matters stated in the application.